Tuesday, June 29, 2010

we love you hope

on friday night, the mister and I went out on a date. We ventured into the big city to see hope sandoval and the warm inventions play at the enmore theatre, that most wonderful of venues where one doesn't have to feel guilty about sitting down for an entire gig, because that's what you're meant to do. Good for old folks like us.
I am so glad we went. I knew it would be good, but it totally surpassed my expectations. I was blown away and am totally in awe of her talent (not to mention gorgeousness!!). I now have an intense desire to learn to play the glockenspiel...we'll see how we go with that one. In the meantime, maybe I can just mooch around the house in a little black dress and knee-high boots, humming along to the cd. I'm sure the mister won't complain.
above picture is from this article...luckily on the night we went, everyone paid heed to the "no camera" warning. I know I took it very seriously!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

congrats in making it into the city to see miss hope. lucky you!

Unknown said...

what a perfect datenight. glad you enjoyed it! xo m.