We've had a couple of weeks of weird january weather here, it's been very autumn-ish, so I had to make the little guy some pants, as I have an aversion to babies wearing only terry towelling bonds suits, they just don't say a lot about a person, do they? No, I didn't make these from scratch whilst looking after three children, these were some I had half made from before he was born, so I only had to hem them and put in the elastic. Even that took a while.
I also managed to do the button holes on this little dress and sew on the buttons, so that it can go forth into the world today. After this series of minor conquests, I got all cocky and thought I could keep going, so I decided to do a little alteration job that arran's mum asked me to do about two months ago on a stretch top. Yes, I should have known that this was a bad idea, as stretch fabrics and I don't really get along all that well, but I thought it would be ok if I overlocked it. No. Now my overlocker is unthreaded, my worst nightmare, and I am faced with having to get the book out. I am not someone who can concentrate on reading a manual at the best of times, but in my current sleep-deprived state, there is no way I am going to be able to focus. Maybe I can get mr.arran to do it, he's already tried theading it for me, the darling that he is.
I've also just listed a few kids' tshirts on etsy, modelled by my very enthusiastic little helper. I'll probably be listing a few more things over the next couple of weeks.