Thursday, October 9, 2008

home again

yeah, we're back, it's just taken me a few days to catch my breath. Still not sure I have, really. Canberra was good. Actually, far better than I imagined it would be. I was really close to not going on friday...the main reason for the trip was a skateboarding thingy, the details of which I won't go into here, because I'm not really all that up on the lingo, and as excited as I was about attending that little soiree, I thought I might just let the mister take the biggest boy off on a boy's weekend. But, we do like to do things as a family, so I dragged myself down there, and ended up having a great weekend. Watched a bit of crazy skateboarding, which, I have to admit, was pretty impressive, and saw a few of the sights as well.
it's hard to fit too much into two and a half days, with three children in tow, but we did manage to visit the national museum, questacon, and do a couple of drive-by's of parliament house and the war memorial. I know we are very slack parents for not actually stopping at these very important places, but we did make a point of explaining to the kids what they were all about, and quite frankly, after about the fifty seventh back arch from banana-boy jasper, I was all for staying in the car once we were in it. I did also take the three amigos on a funny little road trip on sunday, I'll be back with details of that one...

1 comment:

Levin said...

i can often relate to what you say in your posts. we also like to do things as a family and often it means a lot of hard work but it's worth it in the end.
i think you got your priorities right with your sight seeing! and i can fully understand what you mean about getting out of the car everytime.
enjoy your week
l
x