Sunday, October 19, 2008

happy...

anniversary baby! Today was our second wedding anniversary, and we had a really special day together, enjoying the spring sunshine and reminiscing over the things that have happened over the past couple of years. We decided last year that we would do the traditional gift thing, because it's quirky and fun, and we like that.My gift was "ada", from mamasita, isn't she wonderful. I can tell you, the mister scored some mega brownie points for this one. I just have to hide her from the kids...she's all mine!
since the category fell well within the hazyjane realm this year, I felt it was high time I rocked up something big for my man, who is always spoiling me so much, so I made him a surfboard cover, something which he has been hinting at for a long time now, and which I have been tactfully avoiding because of the sheer scale of the job. And you know what, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I had imagined. The appliqued design is loosely based on the board he built a few years ago, and that part was what took the longest. (well, obviously). The cover itself is made from some vintage suiting, padded with wadding and lined with vintage sheeting (of course). As he pointed out upon inspection this morning, he could sleep in the thing.
We had a really lovely day. We divided the boys amonst the grandparents this morning and went out for brunch at our favourite local place, which was divine, and realised that it was the first time we have been out sans enfant since the arrival of jasper. Nearly ten months and we haven't been out alone together, it felt weird and wonderful, and after an hour and a half I was ready to come back to them all!
I like the anniversary, it feels kind of like a birthday, a day where you get presents, and you can eat cake for breakfast if you want to and do fun stuff all day with the people you love, and drink champagne in the afternoon just because. Yes, I do like that.

1 comment:

Levin said...

happy anniversary. it sounds like you had a good day. i love your gift and the gift you gifted! we don't normally give gifts but this year as we had hit the big 15yrs i bought some crystal glasses and a bottle of very nice red and we have decided that each year we will use the special glasses and buy some lovely wine to celebrate. anniversaries are lovely!
l
x