Friday, May 30, 2008

more good stuff

went for a walk in the sunshine today, to the shops with mum, and dropped into the local vinnies as we always do, and scored the above loot. Apparently I am doing something right lately and the vinnies gods are smiling upon me. (Or would that just be St. Vincent himself? hmmn). Just the other day I was giving my very thrifty mister instructions to find me some red fabric, because it seems to be very hard to come by, and lo and behold, I walk into the local and there are two lovely specimens just waiting for me. You gotta love that. Also, a knitted school cardi I took a punt on for the willow, which he surprisingly loved and wore immediately, and says he will wear to school, as the school jumper hasn't been a big hit. Not cold enough yet, I guess.
Oh, and we're doing this now:
and also this:
I do apologise for that blinding light in the top right hand corner, but it was a bit hard getting him in the shot with all that new-found bounciness.

3 comments:

Levin said...

wow - solids already. time goes so fast doesn't it.
love your thrifty finds. isn't it funny how your needs can be met, as long as you're patient. david really wanted a wooden outdoor setting but he didn't want to pay a lot of money for it. lo and behold, a few months later some people up the road from us were having a garage sale and we happened to walk by and they were selling their setting for $50 - bargain! we love it.
l
x
can't wait to see what you make out of that fabric.

karen said...

cool fabric, im glad you found just what you wanted, opp shops are good like that, almost all the clothes i find just happen to fit perfectly, do you think it our karma for being good little recyclers? :)

Jodi said...

hi emma,
aren't jolly jumpers fabulous - for babies and parents alike! MMMMMMMM, red floral fabric is delicious...