Thursday, December 13, 2007

quick stuff

yesterday, when I should have been having a lie down, I made this sunglass case instead. It was one of those "I have a half-hour window, and I'd really like a new sunglass case, even though I never wear sunglasses" moments that I have frequently. About a year ago I bought one of those press-stud puncher things at vinnies, and it's taken me this long to get around to using it. It wasn't as fun as I had hoped , actually quite difficult to keep the things straight, but I got there in the end. I used the mushroom fabric that willow rejected, and it's lined with red and white polka dots. Much fun.
This is the combo he picked out for his "new and improved" christmas stocking, I didn't realise how christmassy it was until I finished it. He's happy with it, although he now wants to keep the purple one as a back up.
I just had a conversation with him that went something like this:
"mum, do we have any mangoes?"
"no, but you can eat that apricot that's in your lunchbox"
"but it's got a bum" (me thinking he said "bump")
"no, it's ok"
"are they born with bums?" (oh, now I know what he said)
"yes, they are"
"well I don't want to eat it with a bum"

1 comment:

Levin said...

my boys love fruit with bums - it apparently adds to the enjoyment of eating. makes them snigger alot too!
cheers
l
x